About the Maine Mineralogical and Geological Society
The Maine Mineralogical & Geological Society, also known as MMGS, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to all educational and cultural aspects of geology; mineralogy; lapidary arts and related subjects; and to the camaraderie generated by the membership's mutual interests.
Family oriented meetings are generally held the THIRD SATURDAY of each month from September to May. Meetings start at 6:30 p.m. and usually feature a program on aspects of rock and mineral collecting.
- Family membership includes spouse and any children less than 18 years of age in the same household.
- Our youth group is active and free with your Family Membership. Watch for information on our web site. Separate age-appropriate meetings and field trips are held for the children.
- Club Meetings are open to the public. All are invited and encouraged to attend. There are no monthly meetings during June, July and August....we're out digging!
- Please come join us!!! E-Board meetings are also held the THIRD SATURDAY of each meeting month starting at 5 pm (same place) and are open to all members. Please feel free to attend.
- Club Newsletters and field trip announcements are all delivered via email and through the club website. The club no longer produces a mailed paper newsletter. The club will need your email to keep you updated on all club activities. If you have a family membership, please include email addresses of your spouse and any other family members who would like to receive club communications.
Meeting Location: Payson Smith Hall, Room #1 (first floor) on the USM campus. Parking is available in the parking lot on the right side of the building as you drive in from Falmouth Street or on the street in front of the building. Go into the double doors, down the stairs. You will find us in the last classroom on the right.